anyone out there?

Post Reply
RowlandCarson

anyone out there?

Post by RowlandCarson »

Seems very quiet in this new CADintosh group - here's some stuff I already posted to the Graphic Conveter forum, just to get the ball rolling: At 2004-08-21 21:11 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote:
>At 2004-08-18 16:21 +0000 Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >>I released a new beta versions today > >>* help tags for icons added > >The help tag for the intersection selection mode box shows >"end/middle mode" and that for the end/middle mode shows "section >mode". > >By the way, I do like the automatic mode - this is very handy and saves time
At 2004-08-21 21:16 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote:
>Thorsten - my first problem area: > >1 Create an elliptical arc. (As I have mentioned before, elliptical >arcs still start and terminate in an unexpected place, and their ends >still cannot be connected to other lines.) > >2 Export the file to DXF. > >3 Open the DXF file in CADintosh - the arc appears as a mirror-image >(top to bottom) of the original. I can send a small sample file if >you wish.
At 2004-08-24 22:12 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote:
>Thorsten - I don't seem to be able to figure out how to control which >side of the reference line the new parallel line is drawn, if I just >enter a distance. I thought it should respond to positive and >negative values as (eg) above and below, or right and left, of the >reference. It changes sometimes, but for no apparent reason. What am >I missing, or is there a bug here? Obviously if I click, instead of >entering a value, it goes on the desired side, but that does not give >the precision of entering a distance.
Apologies if everyone here has already seen these messages. regards Rowland -- | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> | rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

Guest

Re: anyone out there?

Post by Guest »

Hello Rowland, there are currently only three member. I think this will become more with the next release. Thorsten In a message dated 26.08.2004 23:03:06 Uhr, rowil@clara.net writes:
Seems very quiet in this new CADintosh group - here's some stuff I already posted to the Graphic Conveter forum, just to get the ball rolling: At 2004-08-21 21:11 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote: >At 2004-08-18 16:21 +0000 Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >>I released a new beta versions today > >>* help tags for icons added > >The help tag for the intersection selection mode box shows >"end/middle mode" and that for the end/middle mode shows "section >mode". > >By the way, I do like the automatic mode - this is very handy and saves time At 2004-08-21 21:16 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote: >Thorsten - my first problem area: > >1 Create an elliptical arc. (As I have mentioned before, elliptical >arcs still start and terminate in an unexpected place, and their ends >still cannot be connected to other lines.) > >2 Export the file to DXF. > >3 Open the DXF file in CADintosh - the arc appears as a mirror-image >(top to bottom) of the original. I can send a small sample file if >you wish. At 2004-08-24 22:12 +0100 Rowland Carson wrote: >Thorsten - I don't seem to be able to figure out how to control which >side of the reference line the new parallel line is drawn, if I just >enter a distance. I thought it should respond to positive and >negative values as (eg) above and below, or right and left, of the >reference. It changes sometimes, but for no apparent reason. What am >I missing, or is there a bug here? Obviously if I click, instead of >entering a value, it goes on the desired side, but that does not give >the precision of entering a distance. Apologies if everyone here has already seen these messages. regards Rowland -- | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> | rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ... ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! [b]Click Here![/b] --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RowlandCarson

v5.2 beta quirks

Post by RowlandCarson »

Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta. I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example. Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty consistently. regards Rowland -- | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> | rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

Guest

Re: v5.2 beta quirks

Post by Guest »

Reference deleted print areas remaining visible: I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu" I don't think you should have to do this however, perhaps Thorsten will enlighten us. Regards, Stan.
On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, at 07:04 AM, Rowland Carson wrote: Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta. I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example. Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty consistently. regards Rowland -- | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> | rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

thorstenlemke

Re: v5.2 beta quirks

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, you have to delete the view (if you have created one) and the print area. Thorsten
--- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" wrote: > Reference deleted print areas remaining visible: > I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu" > I don't think you should have to do this however, perhaps Thorsten > will enlighten us. > > Regards, > > Stan. > > > On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, at 07:04 AM, Rowland Carson wrote: > > Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta. > > I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That > is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on > display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I > couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example. > > Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that > when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even > when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly > different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty > consistently. > > regards > > Rowland > -- > > | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> > | ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

RowlandCarson

Re: v5.2 beta quirks

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-09-30 06:06 +0000 Stan wrote:
>Reference deleted print areas remaining visible: > I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu" >I don't think you should have to do this
Stan - thanks, I had not realised what was going on. I guess I have seldom deleted print areas in the past, and so may not have noticed this behaviour. Also, I see now that "define view with same settings" is ticked by default when I name a new print area. I have not (so far) made any real use of views but looking properly at the view choices on the window menu indicates how views could make some operations easier/faster. However, having the view area outlined in grey could make the appearance a bit cluttered if one went to town on using views. Maybe an option to hide view boundaries would be useful (like the hide/show TIFFs option)? Finally, I am now happy that the view persists even if the print area is deleted - that may be a useful feature in some circumstances - so I am now happy that the print area and the view area can be separately deleted. If a view is not needed to be associated with the print area, just de-select the tick box when creating it. regards Rowland -- | Wilma & Rowland Carson http://home.clara.net/rowil/> | rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

Post Reply